After one aborted attempt, and swearing to me that she wouldn't do it, P is hooking up with Dr. Evil while I'm gone. A phone call confirms that Dr. Evil is going to conveniently be in my little town for a couple of days, leaving not too much before I get home. Unbelievable. Somehow I don't think it is to shop at the big mega-store in my town where many people drive many hours to shop at, though his hotel is more or less next to it, but this is way too far to drive and there are many closer to Dr. Evil.
How convenient that his hotel reservations just happen to start on a night when our daughter is away on an overnight field trip, and I am several time zones away. How convenient that he happens to be coming in/out right between nights when P is scheduled to do some part-time work.
A week or two ago, in my jillionth effort to try to figure this out once and for all with her, I asked her to read aloud the following sentence: "My relationship with Dr. Evil is more important to me than my marriage." She said it scared her and that she'd try not to hurt me, and less than a week later, BANG! I had also sent her the following last week:
I don't care who your friends are and what you do every day, but I can't/won't tolerate a boyfriend (or continued activities and/or lies giving the appearance of one), because as much as I love you that will eventually make me leave. I'm not asking you to choose between Dr. Evil your friend and me, but if you treat him like a secret beau or object of desire that means to me that you've already made that choice...I suppose I just want to be sure you know that I'm really serious this time. Does that make sense? I Love YOU, I really do, but I WILL NOT share. I'd rather do without or be dead.To which she replied:
okay, but don't make a mt out of a mole hill....yes, this does almost sound like a threat, but I think I understand... I know the 'boundaries'...Know the boundaries...BULLSHIT. BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT. Okay, maybe not bullshit about knowing the boundaries, but CHOOSING TO RESPECT THEM! Give me a ----ing break.
I wonder how she will try to pawn off this one. In many ways I don't care, and in other ways the entertainment value of watching this lie could be worth my weight in gold.
I know she was trying to set up this rendezvous before I left. I asked her about it, she lied, I called Bullshit, and she owned up to part (all?) of it. It made me so mad that I left.
I got on my bike and rode, as far and as hard as I could. I even tried to call Dr Evil. He didn't answer. He knows that I tried to call though. P called me while I was on my bike and asked if she could pick me up. I said "only if you are going to be honest with me. If you are going to lie then don't bother." She came and picked me up and told me some more. She couched it in a cover story of "Dr. Evil needs to come for Continuing Education, yes he could do this at home, but he wanted to visit some family in the midwest, do the CE, and say hi to me along the way, taking care of a bunch of things together." I gave her one more out to try to make honest on this relationship, and she refused, saying she couldn't admit to something that didn't/wasn't going to happen...I said that this whole rendezvous idea, completely while I was gone, was a bad idea, and I *thought* she agreed, but that she couldn't control when the CE was, and if it happened to fall while I was gone that she couldn't control that. So I asked her when this CE supposedly was, and P said that Dr. Evil didn't know yet. Didn't know yet???? Like they set these up with a week's notice? Yeah, right. I asked her if this was going to conveniently happen when I was gone. She said she didn't know...blah, blah, blah.
So the following night I asked her if she had talked to Dr. Evil and mentioned that this was a bad idea and not to come. She said "Yes, now he doesn't want to come, he doesn't even want to know the name of the hotels, you win again."
BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT
In many ways I wonder what it is that Dr. Evil has. Maybe it's a 15-inch member; maybe it's way more money; maybe it's just the thrill of something different. I think P will have a lot of time to contemplate it now.
The really really really sad part is that I still love her so much, but I can't continue to live the lie. A lot of tears have been shed over this one...and a lot more I am sure. Yet still more to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment