Thursday, June 7, 2007

Oh geez

This one oughta be good.

For a long time P has insisted that I am monitoring her every move. That I am a control freak. We're both control-people; I think this is to be expected with well-educated folks. Maybe not. Anyhow, she says that put a GPS chip in her brain and car, monitor all her phone calls, monitor every keystroke on her computer, and totally control her life. There is some truth as to why she might think this...

A while ago I participated in a project which measured employee attitudes when they were monitored. To do this I purchased some software. I had mountains of data and printouts which stated where they were, what they did, etc. Good project - the sponsors were happy. I still have much of the software to do this, but I've been working on more interesting projects since then.

This morning P sends me an email saying that she had removed one of the pieces of software that I used in this project - I assume she meant from her computer. I think the message was trying to indicate: "Hah! I KNEW IT!" but I don't know for sure. The company that made this software went out of business a long time ago, and it is certainly possible that it is floating around the Internet in the wild (Windows - what a waste), but it probably was on a series of disks, DVDs, and other files that have been transferred back and forth between many computers we have owned throughout the years. She's had largely her own machines for the last 5 years or so, but who knows what might have happened.

Anyhow, this is such a farce. If I had access to such detailed data, I probably wouldn't be so HurtingAndConfused! I'd think that I'd know for sure one way or another. But this will probably cause a huge fight. Good thing I'm tremendously busy today.

I do monitor phone records for a variety of reasons. Not the least of which is to make sure we stay under our alloted cell minutes for the month. I'll bet P and Dr. Evil blow way through that number this month. Maybe not. No way to blame me if it happens - I'm not using that phone right now. I'm also curious how much her and P chat. I find it terribly interesting that in MANY cases how as soon as she gets rid of me - work, leisure, travel, etc. then she's right on the phone with him. ARGH! Sometimes I say something, most of the time I let it go.

As for all the other "monitoring" that she claims, I think she's just delirious...

No comments: