Friday, June 8, 2007

Roses are red...

...at least if P is sending them to Dr. Evil.

WHY DOES A MARRIED WOMAN SEND A DOZEN RED ROSES TO A SINGLE GUY, ESPECIALLY ONE THAT SHE KNOWS HER HUSBAND HATES????? ANY FOOL KNOWS WHAT SENDING A DOZEN RED ROSES MEANS! THERE IS NO ALTERNATE EXPLANATION?

Here's a series of her answers:
1) She didn't (proven lie)
2) I talked to Dr. Evil and he was having a bad day and so I sent them to him (proven lie)
3) Dr. Evil just likes roses (possible I suppose)
4) Because I wanted to so deal with it (probably truthful, if rude)

This day several weeks ago, I come home and she has a dozen multicolored roses sitting in the kitchen. I asked if they were from Dr. Evil, and she quickly says "NO!" and shows me the receipt that she bought them herself. She has NEVER bought herself roses in all the years we've been married. Something really stunk here...

Later that night I saw phone records from the florist. I called and asked about the order and they told me all about it. I confronted her, and confronted her several times since then about it, and you see the series of stories I've been told. Of course, it's all my fault for controlling everything she does and every penny she spends (never ONCE did I question the money she spent on this).

Last week I asked her what was on the card. She said she didn't remember. What a lie. A couple days later I didn't ask her what was on the card, but just simply why did she lie about it (because I knew she had to be lying):

Me: Why did you lie about this?
P: Because I knew you would read too much into it.
Me: Why did you think I would read too much into it?
P: Because you get angry about these things.
Me: Why did you think I would get angry about these things?
P: I don't remember exactly what was on the card, but I remember the gist of it. I don't want to talk about it anymore, I'm not going to tell you what was on the card.
Me: I didn't ask you to tell me what was on the card.
P: Let's just drop it.

I guess to her credit, her second choice on the order was a dozen multi-colored roses, but what florist doesn't have red roses? I guess you have to say something for the order.

I really do love this woman, but WHY DOES SHE INSIST ON PLAYING ME FOR A FOOL! WHY DOES SHE DISRESPECT ME LIKE THIS?

It is not my fault that I know this stuff happened. I am not the bad guy for checking up when something stinks. I get accused of "looking under the microscope" for everything in her life. Why do I always find a virus when I look?

Couldn't she have just never met this guy? More later...

No comments: