Saturday, June 2, 2007

Birth of Dr. Evil

Well, it's June now and I'm sure Dr. Evil is the recipient of a birthday present or two by now. Dr. Evil is strange in that he doesn't share a ton of information with my wife, at least according to her, such as his birthdate. I know she knows that it is June, and I know she knows what year it is. She's been searching like mad for this information and to the best of my knowledge hasn't been able to find it. So my guess is that she will assume the beginning of the month and has showered him with gifts, etc.

Why does this bother me? It wouldn't, except what did I get for my birthday or even our anniversary this year, or Christmas the year before that? NAFT. Look, I don't need a bunch of stuff - I have plenty. It is just disappointing that I'm sure she put a bunch of time and effort into calling him and finding the right present for Dr. Evil, but when it comes to me, she couldn't be bothered. One time I dared to say something, and I was told "Yes, but I was very mad at you then." Imagine what would happen if this was the other way??????? As I said, I don't need any more crap, but some attention and notice would be nice. We all have friends but why are they more important than spouses?

No comments: